HP Morning Show Ep. 12

Jake Wightman

Ethan Moss

Topics for This Week: THPMS This week in News
● March Madness comes to a close (sic ‘em!) This week in Sports
● Past

Varsity Women’s Soccer beats Frisco on Wednesday in their regional semifinals in Coppell
■ They play tonight at 6:00 PM in their regional finals against Frisco Wakeland at memorial stadium in Mesquite ○ Congrats to the Flying Scots Track & Field team as they completed a very successful district championship last week. The JV returned home as the 13-5A district champions and the Varsity had a hard-fought battle and finished as the district runner-up. The top 4 athletes move on to the Area Track meet in Joshua on April 15. ○ Congratulations to the Lady Scots Gymnastics team for winning their 8 th straight District title. The team, led by Freshmen Ana Simpson and Lily Ford, qualified for Regional Championships to be held at Rockwall High School on April 13 and 14.

Women’s track and field school records:
■ Congratulations to senior Meredith Sims as she broke a 45-year-old school record! On Tuesday, March 30th at the District 13-5A Championships, Meredith ran the 100 m dash in a time of 12.10. The old record was 12.20 set in 1976 by Terry Walker.

■ Congratulations to senior captain Cameron Fawcett as she set a new school record in the 1600 m run with a time of 4:55.83 at the Mustang Relays on March 25th. The previous record was 4:56.32 set in 2014 by Natalie Rathjen.

Passing of Linda Raya
Mrs. Raya joined Highland Park in 1973 as a Theater Arts teacher and was a part of the tremendous success of the HPHS theater program that helped shape Find Arts education at Highland Park ISD ○ She believed that it was her responsibility to help every student succeed and that’s how she approached every day. Her influence has left an immeasurable legacy that will forever be part of HP

● Latin Students: If you are going to take Latin 4 next year and are interested in joining the National Latin Honor Society, please email Mr. Rasmussen as soon as possible to convey your interest. His email is: [email protected]

● All sophomores and juniors who have taken or are taking a computer science course – the HPISD Computer Science National Honor Society is now accepting applications. Applications can be found and submitted on google classroom. The code for the google classroom is 6igkzek. The code again is 6igkzek. The application is due on April 12th.

● Heads-up EVERYONE! Get ready to start the last six week’s grading period with your student ID. Find it. Buy one. Do whatever it takes to have your ID whenever you enter the building. Be a great Scot!
● Community Service Council Officer Application is now available. Please email Mrs. John, [email protected], or come by WC223 before or after school. Today at 3:30 is the last opportunity to turn in your application.